Height – 46-47 cm, weight – 2600-2700 gr.
A little more and your pregnancy will be called termless. Even now your child is not much different from the one who will be born.
As expected, the bones of his skull are soft enough to squeeze through his mother’s pelvis. The child actively gaining weight (plus 28-30 g daily), now for him it is almost the only concern. His face widened, and his charming little cheeks appeared.
Placenta actively helps him and pumps 600 ml of blood every minute (!). The liver accumulates iron, which will help the circulatory system of the child in the first year of life.
The baby is closer and closer to the mother inside. He had already pulled his knees to his stomach, pressed his elbows, crossed his arms and was still very cramped. The kid intensively sucks his finger and prepares to go out into the light. Who knows, maybe he will decide to do it next week. Are you ready for this?
There is a pressing question before your mother: how much will her baby weigh before giving birth. It can be understood: to give birth to a little man weighing 3 kg or 4.5 kg – these are completely different things.
It is very difficult to determine the weight of a baby in advance. All the data that are given in any pregnancy calendar – approximate, averaged, the error reaches 0.8 kg. Often, complex calculations are used to determine the weight on the basis of the data on the length of the thigh of the baby, the diameter of the head, the circumference of the chest or abdomen, etc. Now the precision of ultrasound devices increases, perhaps not far from the time when the child’s weight will be called accurate to gram.
The influence of the weight and size of the baby on whether it is easy for him to pass through the birth canal, is also relative. During childbirth, many factors are involved: the narrowness or latitude of the pelvis of the mother’s pelvis, the size of the child, the physical condition of the mother, the training of her muscles, the condition of the baby, his readiness for childbirth, the skillful actions of doctors and many others.
Therefore, it happens that even small women give birth to heroes without problems, and some quite normal under the constitution women were made by cesarean, although their child did not reach 3 kg.
Undoubtedly, it is worth to know the estimated weight of the baby, especially if according to the survey it is too big or too small. But in fact, now it is worth thinking about how to finish the last things and prepare for the baby’s meeting – after all, he can wish to be born literally at any moment.
The average weight gain this week is about 13 kg. The height of the bottom of the uterus is 36 cm. From now on, you meet with your doctor weekly. At 36 weeks you need to pass another general urine test, a clinical blood test, smears for infection, make CTG.
When you sit on the couch in the same LCD, you might think that no one else can fit on this sofa – you have become so huge. Nonsense, all such on these terms. And on the couch probably still be able to sit two, or even three beremeshechki.
36 weeks – this is some time X. Now you can wait for the beginning of labor literally at any minute. Every fourth woman gives birth in 36 weeks, that’s the statistics!
In this regard:
– From home, there is nowhere to go, especially alone.
– Always bring a charged mobile phone with all necessary phone numbers (first aid, your doctor, maternity home and insurance company).
– Collect the folder with the documents, if you have not already done so (see the list in the article for the 30th week of pregnancy), and a bag with the things that you will take to the hospital.
What is recommended to take with you? The first list (if you are going urgently and you do not have time to fold the bag):
– documents (passport, MHI policy, exchange card, generic certificate);
– slippers, it is better to have a shower in them;
– mobile phone, do not forget to charge it and take charge with you;
Shirt, towel, a robe you will be given out in the hospital.
The second list (if you are going slowly, thoroughly):
– things from the first list: documents, slippers, phone, charging;
– diapers for the baby (indicating “newborn”, “for newborns”, etc.). Enough about 6 pieces per day. (inquire if the baby does not provide your baby with diapers and clothes, it’s much more convenient, you do not have to carry extra and wash sliders);
– a cream or ointment for the breast (such as “Bepanten”), which will help cope with the cracking of the nipples in the first days of breastfeeding;
– cream for baby ass and powder (in practice, figure out what works best);
– wet wipes for you and your baby (package of 72 pieces of “Pampers” or “Haggis” type);
– shirt, robe, towel (if you want to wear your things in the hospital), as well as panties and pads for parturient women (should be enough for two packs);
– clothes for an extract for the baby (according to season and weather);
– a bottle of water (without gas) and a light snack (for example, a cookie), if you want to eat something during or after delivery;
– specify if you will be given a kettle and a cup in the hospital. If not, take it with you;
– a book, a magazine (or something for fun), a pen and paper;
– cosmetics for the mother, comb, toothpaste and brush, as well as hairpins (hoops) so that the hair does not fall into the mouth or eyes of the baby.
Keep in mind that, according to the rules, the hospital accepts only things made of cotton or linen (woolen things will have to be left in the wardrobe), suitcases are also not allowed, they will all have to be packed in cellophane bags.
Now let’s talk about what you need to know about fast (fast, fast) births. Rapid birth is very dangerous for the mother and baby is its rapidity.
If the usual birth can take even the whole day, and certainly at least 6 hours, then the fast-paced develop so quickly (less than 4 or even 2 hours) that the mother does not have time to react adequately, and often even reach the maternity home.
If you recall the films, the stereotype that they show shows exactly the signs of rapid birth: the heroine wildly screams, falls, screams: “Oh, I give birth!” – and literally after five attempts the hero holds the baby in his arms.
If everything goes fine, as described above, there will not be. But if something similar is observed, that you seem to be undergoing rapid delivery and you must urgently get to the doctors or call a doctor to you, to the place where you are now.
Signs of rapid delivery are:
– the sudden onset and very rapidly increasing activity of fights. In a few minutes, she reaches the level of 5 fights in 10 minutes.
– sharply increasing pain, up to the desire to scream, but we must remember that there are rapid deliveries and completely without pain (in the case of Isthmiko-cervical insufficiency or simply a large number of previously ex-genera);
– the outflow of water is possible;
– desire to push, feeling of the head of the child in the birth canal and vagina.
Such births are dangerous because the pelvic bones and cervix do not have time to move apart for the actively emerging baby, and the bones of his head do not have time to gently move and move apart when passing through the birth canal.
After all, everything happens very sharply, very actively, maybe for only an hour, instead of the required minimum of six hours! The situation is fraught with brain trauma (bleeding) in the baby, ruptures of the perineum and rectum in the mother and other troubles.
What are your actions?
– Wherever you are, stop. If possible, call for help from others.
– Call your doctor or rescue immediately.
– Find a convenient place where you will wait for doctors. If you are in your house – lie down on the sofa, if somewhere else, look for the opportunity to lie down even on the ground, on a bench in the park. Do not think now about anyone except your child, who before the arrival of doctors can only help you.
– Lie down on your side better. If there is a possibility – put some oilcloth or bags under you, put a clean sheet next to it.If a clean sheet is not available (you are on the street) find handkerchiefs, scarves, everything you can, more or less clean.
– See if you lie far enough from the edge of the bed (benches, etc.), whether the child will be born and not fall, if you or someone close to you can not support it.
– If possible, wash your hands and those who help you, even better wipe them with alcohol. In the case of emergency births on the street you can use perfume and toilet water.
– Now it’s up to you to wait for the fight and push yourself to the door. Do not force events, the child needs time to adjust to the passage of the birth canal.
– If the child’s head does not have time to be born before the arrival of the child, do not pull for it, do nothing, just gently support (or ask someone to do it next to you). Wait for the head to turn. At this time, check if the cord is wrapped around the cord with the umbilical cord. If yes – very carefully unwind.
– After the head turns, the birth of the shoulders begins. Gently support the baby, put a towel (or something) over the anal hole.
– When the baby is born, you need to suck off the mucus from his nose. Suitable rubber bullet, any tube or aspirator, as well as just tightly stranded cotton strips. The child makes the first cry and begins to breathe.
– Put your baby’s belly on your stomach. Cover it with a warm diaper, a towel, or something similar that is near at hand. Wipe the lubricant from his body is not necessary, it can wait.
– The birth of the placenta and the cutting of the umbilical cord can also wait until the doctors arrive.
Just in case:
– The baby’s pulse can be measured by pinching the umbilical cord (more than 100 beats per minute). If he has a good pulse, then it’s all right.
– If the pulse decreases and you feel that the baby is not breathing, squeeze it well.
– In an extreme case (pulse below 60 and can not feel the breath), do artificial mouth-to-mouth breathing: 5-6 breaths in the mouth and spout of the baby, then gently press down on the chest, stimulating the exhalation, and so on.
Wait for the doctors to arrive, make sure that the child is warm and at rest, give him a breast.
35 weeks – 36 weeks – 37 weeks