The rule of the call.
The phone you are looking at is never ringing.
Problems with the phone call.
That’s why that damn guy you gave your phone number to did not call you right up until the very last evening:
1. Maybe you gave him the wrong phone number.
2. Your phone might be out of order.
3. Maybe he already has a girlfriend.
4. Maybe it’s “blue.”
Problems with answering a phone call.
At the very moment when the guy you met with at the party or at the banquet finally calls you on the phone:
1. You unsuccessfully try to unlock the front door.
2. You are standing in the shower.
3. You forgot to turn on your answering machine.
4. You dial your girlfriend’s number to make sure the phone is working.
5. You do not pick up the phone with the first two calls, so as not to appear to that guy too much interested, but when you still bring it to your ear, he has already laid down his.
A good way for being overly shy.
If you are too shy to call a man, then steal from him a Don Juan notebook with girls’ phones and enter your name and phone number there.
Results of the call.
When you finally squeeze your will into a fist and force yourself to call him, the result is:
1. Wrong number.
2. The line is busy.
3. No answer.
4. His answering machine is not in order.
Art of excuses.
When you finally break through to him:
1. He does not remember you.
2. He is in the bathtub.
3. He is having lunch.
4. On the TV show the game of his favorite team.
5. He just woke up after a dozen minutes of napping, and he wants to go to sleep again.
6. He caught the flu.
7. He is about to leave town for a vacation.
8. For the whole next month he is terribly busy.
9. His girlfriend just came into his house.
Call from the bore.
Never pick up the phone on Saturday night. It’s the bore that you said is busy.
The answering machine hangs up.
1. Mr. Akhverno is so intimidated by your answering machine that he can not wait for the beep.
2. Mr. Ohnethak completely follows the instructions of the answering machine and invariably leaves you a message asking him to call him.