Height – 41-42 cm, weight – 1800-1900 grams.
Approximately 31-32 weeks is defined by the presentation of the fetus. This is an important event, which in many respects will determine how you will give birth.
In most cases, the child is head down (head presentation), in 4% of cases – legs or popkoy down (pelvic presentation), very rarely lies across or obliquely (transverse presentation).
The childbirth at the head presentation of the child is the simplest and natural. The child leaves, as it is necessary, a head forward and does not cause problems to mum and doctors.
In the case of pelvic presentation, childbirth is complicated. The doctor can decide on caesarean section. The situation will be considered risky for natural childbirth if:
– There are pathologies of development, labor occurs before the established term, or there is a cord injury with the umbilical cord;
– The weight of the baby is either very small or very large;
– Mom is not healthy, her age is more than 30 years and there were problems with pregnancy and bearing, the uterus has anomalies, the pelvic size is less than normal;
– A boy is expected (for them, breech delivery leads to an additional strain on the genitals).
Even if a decision is made about natural delivery, the doctor at any time can send a woman to a caesarean section if she sees a risk to the baby. If the woman herself aspires to Caesarean section, the doctor has no right to refuse her.
Births in the transverse or oblique position of the fetus always occur by caesarean section. In the olden days obstetricians of such children were unwrapped by hand, since there was no other way out – the cesarean section was too risky.
But imagine what a hell of a pain a woman should have experienced in the absence of anesthesia! Now, doctors recommend a cesarean section, which has become much safer for the mother and child than the natural birth in a transverse presentation.
Is it possible to try to rotate a child from the transverse presentation by special exercises before delivery? Yes, you can. Lie down on a hard surface and lie for 10 minutes, then on the right, then on the left side. Exercise is done 3 times a day for 3-4 approaches. Then the kid, maybe, will try to lay down more comfortably and will turn over.
The volume of amniotic water is liter. They are updated every three hours, therefore, despite the fact that the urine of a child is allocated to the amniotic fluid, they are always clean.
The kid begins to receive immunoglobulins and actively form antibodies, which will protect him from infections in the first months of life.
The intensity of the child’s movements from this week will go down – it’s already too big. Listen to his perturbations – you will feel that now they have become different. And he began to sleep more – 90-95% of the time. Well, right! It is necessary to save forces for childbirth.
The Kid has got hair on his head, and wrinkles have disappeared from his face – now he is the very child you will see very soon in reality. If you do ultrasound, ask them to print you a photo where the baby’s face is visible, after a few weeks it’s very interesting to compare it to the original peacefully snuggling in the crib. Indeed, there is a great similarity.
At the 32nd week, the testicles of the boys usually descend into the scrotum. However, about 3% of this occurs only after childbirth.
The average weight gain this week is about 11 kg. The height of the bottom of the uterus is 32 cm. You have a regular visit to the doctor and the delivery of the usual tests: a general blood and urine test, as well as a second test for HIV, hepatitis and swabs for sexual infections.
The child rests on your heels under the ribs, it’s difficult to breathe from this, it is difficult to bend down, it is difficult to sit, and when the heir or heiress decides to kick, everything becomes difficult!
Nothing, be patient, very soon you will remember these kicks as one of the most pleasant sensations in life, better than that, perhaps, is the feeling of your baby’s breathing on his skin when he sleeps on your hands.
One of the funniest shows of these weeks is your navel. On the growing abdomen, it gradually becomes quite flat, and then begins to bulge forward and resembles a button.
You may have a feeling that if you sneeze too much or laugh loudly, you will certainly give birth. This is due to the fact that the baby’s head rests against the places of connection of the pelvic bones, the ligaments between which have already weakened.
You really think that there are not many more and you “do not hold it.” But do not worry, the baby still fits perfectly inside you, and your uterus, bones and ligaments are not yet ready for delivery. So sneeze on your health!
Try to sit less. Walk, swim, even just from time to time walk around the apartment from corner to corner or change the position from sitting to lying and back. Keep your feet on the dais for prevention of edema and veins.
You can swell your feet, so put off all your shoe, maybe you’ll even have to buy a new pair – soft leather and not squeezing the skin (slippers, sandals, soft sneakers).
You should start looking for a maternity hospital in which you want to give birth. Now a woman can give birth in any maternity hospital, where she likes. It can be denied only if there are no free places in the maternity hospital (in this case, it’s about free births). Therefore, just in case, you need to find not one, but several maternity homes.
From 36 weeks on, you need to determine exactly where you will go to give birth. From the same period, if you give birth to a fee, insurance companies conclude with you an insurance contract “for childbirth”, i.e. attach you to a particular hospital.
Therefore, by this date, you need to decide on the choice of the doctor from whom you would like to give birth, find references about the hospital from those who have already given birth, to estimate whether you are suitable for living conditions, the distance from your home, etc.
In the age of the Internet, finding a response about the hospital is not a problem. And in small towns, where the Internet is not yet developed, the “word of mouth” works well, so you will always find the source of information.
You can, of course, change your mind a hundred times, but you need to find answers to at least the following questions:
– whether it will be paid birth (additional insurance) or I will give birth free of charge (i.e., upon presentation of the generic certificate) ?
– Do you have any complications during pregnancy (kidney, blood pressure, heart, Rhesus conflict and other horrors, about which we wrote so much in this pregnancy calendar).
– If there is something, then you need a specialized maternity hospital in this direction. The direction in the special city you should give your doctor from the LCD.
is a very important issue when the maternity hospital closes. If the washing coincides with your expected date of birth (plus or minus two weeks), it is better to find another maternity hospital.
Then it is necessary to find out what the maternity hospital offers for the baby:
– whether there is a child resuscitation;
– the mother and child are together or separately after giving birth. Now, in the overwhelming majority of cases, you will be in the ward with the child, but sometimes there are other options, you need to know about it.
– in this connection it is necessary to find out how many seats in the ward. If you are there alone with the child – it’s fine, together with another mother and her child – it’s tolerable, but if there are 4 or 6 mothers with children, you will be, to put it mildly, uncomfortable.
– Is this maternity hospital oriented to breastfeeding, or can your baby be supplemented with artificial compounds?
Of course, now our doctors are focused on GW, but just in case, clarify this issue.
It is also important to know about the concept of childbirth, which the doctors of the maternity hospital adhere to.
– how to have a pediatric block, whether it is possible to take a shower or a bath there during the fights (this is important, since it can help you relieve the pain).
– Do you have the opportunity, if you wish, to conduct natural birth there without pain relief, stimulation or puncturing of the bladder, to what term or condition can you insist on this and the doctor will not interfere?
– what anesthesia is used;
– whether the baby is applied to your breast immediately after birth;
– whether you can refuse vaccinations for the baby, if you do not want to do them;
– whether the husband’s presence is allowed during childbirth and what is needed for this (some maternity homes require a certificate of absence of infection).
– are all the medicines in the hospital or do you have to buy something in advance?
Household important little things:
– the number of seats in the postpartum ward, whether there are comforts in it;
– can I bring my things;
– whether visits of relatives are allowed, use of a mobile phone and a player (this question is almost irrelevant, but it is better to ask it after all).
If you give birth for free, it is not in your will to choose the doctor who will give birth: in what shift will you get into this and you will get. Therefore, we recommend that you ask what doctors in which shift work, just to be aware of who you are.
If you give birth to a fee, the contract records the name of the doctor with whom the contract is signed. Therefore, you need to know the answers to the following questions:
– your doctor will come to you if you suddenly give birth not to his shift or at night, if not, who will be put on the substitute (if you are generally satisfied with such a situation as doctor replacement )
– if the maternity hospital is closed unplanned (for example, an outbreak of infection, fie three times), in which hospital will you be identified?
– mobile, working, preferably, your doctor’s home phone so that you can consult him if necessary.
Remember that the main thing in choosing a maternity home is not the living conditions, but the doctors who work there. It is better to spend three days without “amenities in the room,” but to get qualified help from a high-class specialist.
31 weeks – 32 weeks – 33 weeks