Mushrooms

Mushrooms

(Fungi or Mycetes) is a group of special organisms that differ from the plant and animal world by their specific species and origin. There are several thousand kinds of mushrooms that are found in all corners of the globe, including on land, on water, and also inside some animals and plants. Mushrooms multiply only by spores, because they do not have their leaves and stems.

Distinguish:
– fungi-saprophytes – feed on the remains of other animals and plants. In addition, they often make food inedible. For example, a rotten apple or jam covered with mildew is the whole thing the result of the activity of saprophyte fungi;
– fungi-parasites – feed on living organisms, while causing them significant harm. They can be found on live trees (fall autumnal) and even on other mushrooms.
– symbiotic fungi (mycorrhiza, lichens) – can not exist without other plants. They are formed by braiding with their own filaments of roots, as well as penetration into the root of other plants, thereby feeding on the substances necessary for them.

Also, mushrooms are divided into edible and inedible. Edible mushrooms can be eaten, since they do not contain any toxic substances and do not have an unpleasant odor. Inedible mushrooms, respectively, can not be used for food, since they contain poisonous substances that can be poisoned.

Poisonous mushrooms smell bad.

Not a fact. It is known that the toadstool, for example, has a sweet, very pleasant smell.

Wormy mushrooms can be used for cooking, only before this it is necessary to throw them into the water so that all the worms come out.

You can not do this at all! Some worm will always stay in the fungus, and then, after eating such a mushroom, you can, at best, get rid of a simple poisoning, at worst it will end with a fatal outcome.

The mushroom will not become poisonous if it is cooked for a long time.

Absolutely absurd! Boiling water in no way affect the poison, toxic substances as they were, and remain in the fungus. So do not experiment, nothing good for you, such an experiment will not end.

If you stir the fungus with a silver spoon and it darkens – it means that a poisonous mushroom has got into the pot.

This is not quite true. Silver can darken even from simple salt, besides, silver things all the same darken with the years, hence, the silver cookware is not the best indicator for detecting poisonous mushrooms.

Mushrooms can not be eaten raw – poisoning is guaranteed.

You can argue with this statement. If the mushrooms did not grow near the nuclear power plant or near the motorway, nothing terrible will happen if they are a little tried. Different mushrooms and taste appropriate: some mushrooms have a sharp taste, some – bitter. But only the freshest mushroom is really fragrant and pleasant to the taste.

Preserved mushrooms at home can be poisoned, as a microbe forms in the bank, leading to a dangerous infectious disease – botulism.

Botulism really is a very dangerous and deadly infection. Its pathogen is a microbial – clostridium, which can live in the soil for a long time. Thus, it can easily get into food (the same fungus, for example), and if this product is conserved, then, because the air will not flow, clostridium will produce a very strong poison called botulinum toxin (it is in many times stronger than the poison of rattlesnakes). This poison spreads throughout the bank in the form of nests, so not all people who ate these canned foods from one can get poisoned. However, if the canned mushrooms are carefully selected and processed, all the botulinum bacilli will die, and the probability of poisoning will disappear.

Collecting mushrooms, they need to be twisted, not cut.

This is a deep delusion.When the fungus is wrung out, its mycelium is destroyed, so that it no longer has the opportunity to grow again.

If there is no rain for a long time, then a lot of worms are put in the mushrooms.

In fact, the number of worms in mushrooms is practically independent of precipitation. The main role is played by the air temperature. With warm weather, worms are larger, and, conversely, when there is cold, there are fewer worms.

The fungus can grow literally in a couple of hours.

In fact, per day, mushrooms grow at a maximum of one to two centimeters. If the conditions are favorable – then – up to four centimeters. Life expectancy in fungi is not large – 10-11 days. After this period, the fungus disappears from the mycelium and soon becomes a rubbish.

Collected mushrooms do not necessarily recycle at once, you can leave it until the next day.

If you follow this statement, by the beginning of the next day in the basket there will not be any edible mushroom – they will all turn into poisonous. This is due to the fact that in the mushrooms not processed immediately the process of disintegration of fat and protein substances occurs, and this is what makes mushrooms poisonous. By the way, for the same reason it is not recommended to collect old mushrooms, it is better to avoid them.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *